Tuesday, December 18, 2007

2007 Is Drawing To A Close

And it certainly feels like it.

Fewer and fewer Decemberists can make it to practices due to work parties and family commitments (and that includes the shopping). There's a last drive-to-the-line to get some more recordings done; Ana's laying down final backing vocals takes this Thursday and Saturday. And I've started planning my development course over the break.

I've traditionally spent this season on my own, something that grew out of being a student in a country with no immediate family nearby. Over time, it's grown into a sort of a comfortable familiarity; an occassion to spend quality time with myself. And I don't forsee this year as being any different. In fact I'm counting on it, because I've got a ton of stuff lined up:
  • practicing my singing to tres accompaniment;
  • working out stronger vocal melodies to "Tiempo para el amor";
  • watching several DVDs on folkloric Cuban music and dance;
  • preparing my workshop on timing to be delivered at Tony Piper's Twelfth Night festival;
  • developing my son (dance) phrasing; and
  • reading up on the birth of Bachata.
That's on top of finishing up a highly technical literature review for my company Verdant.

I've got slightly over ten days - which should be plenty of time, especially fuelled with festive foods: Homer can have his d'oh-nuts, I'll go for the mince pies and several hours of son to work them off. And there're a couple of house parties thrown in for good measure.

The Christmas ahead looks like it's gonna rock!

Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment